Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fender showman guitar amp.....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kaboom133, Oct 15, 2004.

1. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    My brother just scored an old Fender showman guitar head, what little info I could find about it says that it's from '68-'70. It's an old silverface. This is the great part though.... $10!!! :hyper: I was just wondering, if anyone knows anything about these that could help us out. It doesn't say anything on it about ohms or anything. Plus, it works, but it makes some kind of harsh buzzing noises, and hums a lot. (We hooked it up through my 2x10 8 ohm bass cab briefly) Thanks for any help you guys can give, I know this isn't a guitar forum, but I've come to trust talkbass on anything music.

2. Old Showmans sound pretty good for bass actually. PM Nonsqtr if you want a rundown on them as he's very knowlegable and owns a few himself I believe.

3. I wouldn't plug it into any cab that isn't rated at least 8ohms until you find out the specs... I have a '63 Marshall and it would blow if I plugged it into a 4 ohm cab.

Find a good tech to fix the buzzing and it'll probably sound great.