Fender Signatures

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MrDuncan, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Hi Everyone;

I am looking for pictures of Fender's Steve Harris Sig P-Bass, Duck Dunn Sig P-Bass, Jsmes Jamerson Sig P-Bass, Rocco Prestia Sig P- Bass and any other short lived Fender Signature models.

Thanks for any pics you can provide.
  2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Here's my Marcus Miller 4.

3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Harris in 2001:

Duck Dunn in 1998:

The Prestia sig was a Conklin, never recall a Fender model:

And I don't recall ever seeing a Jamerson signature bass either.
  4. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    Endorsing Artist: Bag End - Dean Markley - Thunderfunk
    I saw the Fender Prestia sig model a few years back...well, pictures anyway. The main diff was that he had the pickup reversed (i.e., D and G half closer to the neck). Must not have done too well; it seemed to vanish rather quickly.
  5. Can't seem to find any pictures of James Jamerson or Rocco Prestia signatures when using Google's picture search. But for the Jamerson model, just picture a three tone sunburst '62 AV series Preciscion, only with Labella flats and inscribed heel plate (IIRC).
    The Rocco signature never became more than a prototype, if I'm not mistaken. And if memory serves me right, it had a reversed P-pickup, active electronics, and a maple fingerboard.
    Visualise! ;)
  6. That Duck Dunn model is too sweet! Fender needs to make more signature Ps that aren't in the pre-1957 shape (Sting and Mike Dirnt).
  7. This is from an insert in the Standing in The Shadows DVD.

Attached Files:

8. Thanks for all the pics guys. I do recall seeing the James Jamerson bass being called the Funk Machine when I saw it in an ad in Bass Player magazine a number of years back. I wish they had made the Rocco Prestia bass a regular model and they really should bring back the Duck Dunn P-Bass again.

Thanks again guys for the pics, keep 'em comin' if ya got any more.