1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Sk100B Bass Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jrhodenberry, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Jrhodenberry

Jrhodenberry

Feb 10, 2013
    Hi first time post here. I was curious if anyone has ever played one of these things? A friend of mine told me they were pretty good bass amps. The same guy told me the fender fm100h was a great guitar head and was absolutely right. So I am considering ordering one as I am sure I will never find one in person to try out, anyone know what cab went to this?

2. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    I want to be Tesla (tinkerer at Dayton Amp Co)
    Unless you get it for really cheap, have a lot of cabinet to run through, or play in a quiet band I'd pass. 100 watts will only get you so far.

3. Jrhodenberry

Jrhodenberry

Feb 10, 2013
    hey thx for the reply. The Fm100h I mentioned above is extremely loud and it is 100 watts. have you acually played one of these in person? . I am really hoping someone who has played this thing can tell me from personal experience if it is loud and if it is versatile.

4. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    I had one - got it used for $50 at Guitar Center. It made for a cool little ss guitar head, but I wouldn't use it as anything more than a living room/practice amp.

5. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    I want to be Tesla (tinkerer at Dayton Amp Co)
    The Metalhead is a guitar amp. It takes a lot less power to reproduce those frequencies than it does for those of the bass guitar. (You'd be deaf if you used all 100 watts regularly, trust me.) I have played an SK100B with the matching 115 once. It wasn't anything I'd expect to keep up most gigging or full practice situations.