1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender SKB molded cases for a Sadowsky 5-string?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Seattle_BassMan, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Seattle_BassMan

Seattle_BassMan

Mar 22, 2006
    Anyone happen to know if the Fender SKB cases will fit a Sadowsky Metro UV 5 string?

My guitar player has one of these cases and they seem really tough. I'd love to get one for my Sadowsky, but can't seem to find anyone who has it in stock to see if it fits.

Thanks in advance for the help...

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I had bought a Jazz bass in a Sadowsky Case, and the previous owner had to cut the foam in order to get the bass to fit.

3. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    I have one of those SKB cases and whilst it's not bad, it's nowhere even close to being as rigid or as well constructed as my Hiscox shaped case (and mine is just the "standard" version as this is the only type they do for bass).

http://www.hiscoxcases.com/guitar_hiscox.htm

I'd really recommend checking one of these out if you can find one before parting with your cash.

Now, can anybody answer the actual question? :D

4. Hoover

Hoover Banned

Nov 2, 2007
    New York City
    Heh-heh, heh-heh... hey Beavis, he said "Hiscox", uh-huh-huh...

Are you (OP) referring to the rectangular case, or the bass-shaped case? I have one of the Fender bass-shaped cases (presumably made by SKB...sure looks it at least) and while my Warmoth 5-string Jazz Bass clone did fit inside, the tuning machines just barely made it, and always wound up getting detuned purely by virtue of closing the case. I suspect any 5-string with a 4+1 Fender-style headstock would have the same issue. Not a big deal, but a minor annoyance.