1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

fender squier bullet bass body , OLY white/tort

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by A-Step-Towards, May 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I really like these bodies. They have there own style with a shorter upper horn , this one has just some sweet wear to it as its light wear from about 25 years of use going on , the body is the only original part , the strap buttons look newer the guard is not original but looks new, looks like PG holes in body have been filled and redrilled a few times, the p-up looks pretty new as there is no rust on the poles , the pots are full size, the knobs look like some old 60s style TV knobs , i dig em.

Now i think its solid wood , I looked in all the routed areas and i dont see layers like ply , but maybe the paint is to thick? but usually when you angle a ply body in the light you see layers in the forearm and belly cuts but i dont, either way it sounded great , i really think its solid wood.

The bridge looks like its had a few on it , if you use the holes nearest the rear strap pin fender style bridges fit and it will hide the other holes.

A modern squier neck plate is included if you want it i dnt have the screws , as well as a funky old 80s brass bridge , more holes would need to be drilled for it and its missing one saddle screw

120$ shipped

2. 009-23.

008-26.

007-26.

006-27.

005-32.

004-36.

003-34.

002-41.

001-40.

010-20.

3. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    I don't suppose you can tell if this was a short scale?
    I have a Musicmaster neck that would fit nicely.

4. Marton

Marton

Sep 20, 2005
    Quebec
    I wish you were selling this body one week earlier !

5. See it had a full size bullet neck on it but i dunno the way the bridge was moved around maybe it was a SS body , would anyone know of a way i would be able to tell?

Marton i have had it awhile to bad i dint post it earlier i just had plans to build it :(

6. its full size i measured nut to bridge in the farthest holes and that was 34.5 in and not to other holes is 34 in, not sure what holes you would put the bridge in

7. Jordybass

Jordybass "Like a head with my chicken cut off" Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Would you be interested in selling the pickguard separately? I have an '84 Japanese Bullet I've already refinished and have been looking for a pickguard. OOPS!, I see in the pictures that it has a P pickup in it. Sorry, my mistake.

8. yeah some of these , well most of these had the mustang sized p'up this one is the regular P .

9. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY

The hole for the bridge grounding wire looks solid. How much does it weigh?

Bump...while I think about this.

10. Yes the bridges grounding hole is the original hole , that leads me to believe the 4 holes with the 2 in front is the original bridge position and when a bridge is put over top of it with a neck on the scale measures out to be 34 in. When a bridge is placed over the 5 holes towards the rear the scale is 34.5 , my guess is someone put a badass II on and moved the whole bridge positioning back.

I dont have a way to weigh it , its pretty light probably due to its overall smaller body .

11. scolba

scolba

Mar 24, 2009
    Bloomington, IL
    So I had a bullet bass in the same color. It was my first bass ever...i actually quite miss it. lol Anyway..... it had the 5 hole bridge as original equipment.

This is it just before i sold it, after I stripped it for a refin. Makes me wonder about the bullets...if there ever was a single design for them? I have seen all sorts of variations for pups, pgs, and even necks.

Attached Files:

12. Thanks for the photo!

Yeah there really all over the place i have had 3 different kinds and now squier uses the bullet name for guitars

13. the art guy

the art guy Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Actually, just as a point of clarification: these all had the Mustang pickup, but the route was a standard P size on most. So this is an aftermarket pickup. Cool body though - I love the Bullets and have owned a few in the past.

14. I have to disagree there were some squier made ones with a P pick up standard , i have owned 3 and yes 95% of them are the mustang pickups, are the fender versions are and 9/10 squier ones are but this is a bullet 1 body not just simply a bullet , there made in korea . There are any examples I have seen and all have the P pickup stock the pickup is not the stock one but it was sold new with a P pickup stock.

example , same year as my bass

Fender Squier Bullet P Bass Guitar *1987 KOREA | eBay

The korean bullets are a different beast then the japan made ones.

15. the art guy

the art guy Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Yeah, I'm sorry: I should clarify my own comment. I meant that the MIJ Fender/Bullets always had Mustang pickups. There was the Korean "Bullet" also, but I thought we were talking about the Japanese one with the Tele headstock. So this one is a Korean body?

16. Hey no problem i should have been more clear in my original ad, but yes this is korean which was actually called a bullet 1, I had a USA bullet , and the MIJ and yes they had the mustang pickups/tele head , sweet basses.

17. I am willing to sell this unloaded as well

18. Coop Soup

Coop Soup

Aug 24, 2005
    Minneapolis
    Man this is tempting. I'm looking for a body for a fretless project. Interested in any trades?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.