1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FENDER SQUIER CALIFORNIAN P-BASS?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by amphlett7, Jul 20, 2008.

1. amphlett7

amphlett7

Feb 27, 2008
    Basywater, Western Australia
    Audiofly In-Ear Monitors And Headphones
  2. Looks the same as the regular P-Bass. Dont get if you if find it uncomfortable to rest your thumb on screws.

3. dinghy

dinghy

May 27, 2007
    Saratoga, CA
    Is there any diff between that and any normal Squier?

4. mellowgerman

mellowgerman Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    that looks like my first squier pbass from back in the day(1999 haha). horrible instrument.

5. Damn that place-online music AU - is more expensive than my LOCAL!!!!

6. idoru

idoru

Dec 18, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    California series is cheaper than the Affinity. I noticed their Strats & Teles have nasty looking bridges, they REALLY cut costs on the hardware on these. The finish was a bit ratty too.

c-

7. team180b

team180b

May 15, 2008
    Sydney
    I've got one, I called it the California Pancake because of it's 'vintage white' colour. It was $349 AUD new two years ago. I can't say how it differs from regular Squier P's because this is the only squier I've played.
    I put some of those Gore strings on it and it had the most amazing growl though through my guitar amp before I had my Hartke...haha that's all it could do though after the tone knob broke it was treble-town for me all day long...not one for quality I guess.

P.S the finish was so bad that a few people asked me if it glowed in the dark because it has a translucent green tinge to it, my brother insists it does...

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021