1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Squier Jaguar SS Tuners...Among Other Things!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by shababy32, Feb 25, 2018.

1. shababy32

shababy32

May 2, 2015
    Hey guys and gals. Just bought a Squier Jag SS the other day. Can anyone recommend direct replacement tuners of a higher quality? Ive got a some replacement pickups also and a new bridge also. I was also thinking about new wiring harness too, along with a switchcraft jack. I dont wanna spend more than what i payed for the bass itself. Thanks!

2. Thespis

Thespis

Feb 2, 2016
    I've had mine for a couple of years. The only issue I have is the lack of volume from the bridge pickup.

3. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Those tuners are nice and there's really not any need to replace them. If you're determined to spend the money though, the Hipshot HB7 is a drop in. The same thing can be said for the bridge, pick a pretty bridge, because the only real improvement is going to be aesthetic. I won't even go into replacing good pots/jacks with different pots/jacks, or wire with different wire.

If you want to do something that might actually help the bass, consider taking your time and doing a nice shielding job on it. Have the frets, leveled and crowned. Have the nut adjusted. All of those will help the bass more than what you are presently considering. They aren't as sexy because there's no visible difference when you get it back; but all will be more beneficial than replacing functioning parts.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018