1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available Fender Squier P/J Body active route

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Brio, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Brio

Brio

Mar 10, 2013
    Kansas City
    Price:
    $150
    Body has been my number 1 for about 3 years. Plenty of wear and beauty marks. It'd be a great candidate for a refin, or love it just the way it is.

There must have been stickers on it at one point as the finish is discolored in spots, most evident on the back. Its less apparent on the front but it looks like someone had a sticker on the upper bout and the spelled out "love u!" or something similar in tape(?) and spans across the top of the bass from bridge to bout. Your guess is as good as mine.

Not a lot of info on these but the body is a Korean made squier from the late 80's early 90's as far as I can tell (serial number starts with a CN). Fender branded on the headstock with "Precision Bass Active" and serial on the front. Squier appears to be scratched out (where the normal "contour body" decal would be etc).

The mint guard isn't a perfect fit but is wired passive (V,T) and the J pickup (spray painted white) is wired directly to the tone pot so it's always on. The output from just the J pup is fairly weak but its enough to add a bit of sizzle. The P pup sounds great for being a "budget" bass. I'm also including the original black guard and preamp, your guess is as good as mine on how its wired.

Also including bridge, pup cover and dunlop straplocks.

I'm keeping the neck, shoot me your trade offers if you have a loaded or unloaded body. I'm willing to add a bit of cash on my end where needed. Otherwise $150 OBO.

IMG_4566. IMG_4567. IMG_4570. IMG_4571. IMG_4569.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  2. mattattack187

mattattack187 Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Ellsworth, ME
    Would you consider selling the body unloaded?

3. Brio

Brio

Mar 10, 2013
    Kansas City
    I'd sell it unloaded. Sending you a PM.

Also here's a shot of the battery compartment.

image.