Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Squier Proton 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Jan 7, 2002.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i was taking a look at basspalace website and i found this bass.

[​IMG]

have you ever seen or tried one of those? can you tell me more about the specs? which wood? active or passive? thanks guys

2. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    The Squier Protone Series were made in Japan. The range included a gorgeous red thinline Tele and a Strat with similar stuff (gold hardware/pearloid pickguard) to the bass in your photo. I never saw any basses. It was circa 97 I think.

Anyway this should start the ball rolling.

3. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Actually, the Squier Pro-Tones were made in Korea. I own a Squier Pro-Tone 4-string bass. Also, I've played (about 4 years ago) the 5-string model like the one barroso posted. IIRC, it has an ash body, 34" scale, and passive electronics. It played fairly well and had a not great, but passable B-string. Sound and tone are subjective, but to me, it sounded pretty good.

The Squier Pro-tone basses were very good for the money. Better than the MIM Fenders, IMO. I think having "Squier" on the headstock turned people off.