1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Squire deluxe 5 mods

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chepo06, Jul 20, 2012.

1. chepo06

chepo06

Mar 5, 2009
    Who has one what mods have you done?

2. chepo06

chepo06

Mar 5, 2009
  3. skiscem

skiscem Supporting Member

IMG_1043.

IMG_1034.

Nordstrand big singles, badass V, Hipshot tuners, Nordstrand 3 band preamp, carbon fiber nut, flat black refinish, best bass i ever had, it was stolen, working on a clone as we speak, great bass even stock, but takes the mods really well

4. chepo06

chepo06

Mar 5, 2009
    Damn just drooled all over my phone. I take it the Big singles required routing of the body?

5. skiscem

Thanks! i miss that bass, but like i said, im almost done building its clone. and the pickups upgrade was worth every penny, the stock preamp on the squier is pretty good also, works awesome with the Nordstrands

6. chepo06

chepo06

Mar 5, 2009
    Did you have to do some routing to make the big singles fit?

7. skiscem

Oh yeah, but its a fairly easy routing for anyone with experience

8. aasti3000

aasti3000

Jul 18, 2012
    That bass looks ****ing awsome...that's a squire? Nics!

9. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
  10. aasti3000

aasti3000

Jul 18, 2012
    I think there is an issue with my computer because the pictures of the 6 string jazz won't appear. Any way you can repost the pics? I'm dying to see the mod because I have massave hands and people on this site gave me the suggestion of getting a 6 string bass. Love to have it in a fender....

11. chepo06

chepo06

Mar 5, 2009
    Hooo leee crap I think I just found my new mods

12. aasti3000

aasti3000

Jul 18, 2012
    Finally saw the 6 string squire. ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!! What's the name of the shop that did the mod's? You should send this to fender and have them make you you're own signature series...ha ha.......no....seriously....you should!

13. chepo06

chepo06

Mar 5, 2009
    The mods were done by the Original posters not a shop. I already have my mods lined up and am ordering parts. Nordy pick ups w audere pre, gonna paint it flat black w black knobs and black hipshot tuners and the 6 string conversion.

Gonna name it big nasty
    Pics to come

14. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    I changed the pups on mine with Lindy Fralin ones, I also changed the bridge with a babicz full contact and I also changed the preamp with a bass mods BEQ-12 and the bass sounds and plays amazing.....