Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Stainless Steel strings...

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Not Mark Westlake, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Hey,
    Just before my band's first gig, I bought a new set of strings. I got some Fender stainless steel 'standard' wound strings, in .100, .080, .060 and .040 gauges.

It's hard to find words to express how much I love(d) these strings, right up until the exact week after I'd bought them when the outer wound part of the string sheared from the core of the G-string. I wasn't happy.

Basically, I want to get these strings again, but has anyone else found they snap quickly? Or d'you reckon it was just a duff string? We did play a gig, but still... I slapped 'em on 2 days 'fore gig, played them in, then played twice after the gig.

I'd love to get them again, but just wanted to check if anyone here had snapped them quickly too?

Thanks very much for any help,

Mark.

2. I used Fender Strings years ago but only remember having problems with dead strings.

I'm sure this was a fluke, try another set or purchase individual strings and see what happens.

[​IMG]
    Treena

3. Do you possibly have a burr on the saddle that damaged the string?