1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Standard Jazz and Deluxe Jazz basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassman700, Dec 8, 2011.

1. bassman700

bassman700

Nov 6, 2011
    Hey I was wondering what are the major differences between a standard jazz bass and a deluxe jazz bass, I'm looking into getting another bass. Is the deluxe worth the extra money?

2. Active Pre-amp - and depending on the year......the Pickups. Some have noisless, some older ones - like mine dont'....in fact - I have a model that has 4 large polepieces per pickup instead of 2 per string.......
    P1010040.

Not sure if the neck is different....but mine is pretty fast - and fairly thin, but not like a Geddy (narrow)

3. JayfromDeeKay

JayfromDeeKay

Jun 23, 2009
    The previous model deluxes also had slightly smaller than standard bodies, which can be a hassle if you want to swap out things. The current ones have standard size, AFAIK.

Also, the fretboard is compound radius on the deluxe, and the bodies are made from more select woods than the standard.

But the most important factor would be: do you like the active or the passive sound? In the new model deluxes this doesn't matter, as it has an active/passive switch.