Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Standard Jazz Fretless with Options

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Personatech, Jan 27, 2004.

1. 2001 Fender Standard Jazz Bass Fretless in Agave Blue, with Fender molded plastic case (with a couple of missing feet), priced at $359 plus shipping:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This is the first year that the Mexican Jazzes came with alder bodies and upgraded electronics (the bridge pickup slightly larger than the neck pup as is the case of MIA Jazz basses - previous MIM Jazzes came with two identically-sized pups).

The bass is in excellent shape but I can't call it minty - there's a slight nick/scratch on the forearm rest. Also, I tried to fit the MOP pickguard you see in the photos but have since reinstalled the original white guard - the screw holes didn't quite match up resulting in a couple of extra screw holes now hidden by the pickguard. The neck plays nice and smooth and I spent a lot of time shimming and tweaking it to get it just right for mwah.

The purchaser of this bass has the option of adding the following upgrades at the listed prices

- DiMarzio Ultrajazz pickups $65
    - John East JRetro Deluxe preamp $175
    - nice solid heavy-duty bridge, similar to Gotoh 201 $25
    - MOP pickguard $20

With the exception of the MOP pickguard, these upgrades are currently installed in the bass. Sorry, but I will not sell them separately until the bass itself is sold. If the Jazz doesn't sell then I'd prefer to keep it with the pups and preamp!

I'll entertain trade offers but I'd prefer a straight sale - several basses have caught my eye and I would like to free up some cash so's I can choose one of 'em. Trade candidates would be just about any G&L fretless, a Stingray fretless, a Fender fretless Precision, an Ashdown C110-300 combo, or anything comparable. Also, please note that prices ARE negotiable but I would appreciate reasonable offers only.

Thanks for looking!

2. Fretless is SOLD. For historical purposes, the bass with upgrades, without original parts, and with cheap gigbag substituted for the case went for $435 shipped.