1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Standard Jazz V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by With Lime, Mar 28, 2009.

1. With Lime

With Lime

Feb 8, 2009
    Howdy folks, figured I would consult the experts on this. The MIM Jazz V isn't listed on Fender's website anymore so it must have been discontinued. Anybody know what year they stopped production? I've tried looking on the net, but I can't find anything. Also anybody know what colours they were offered in? I've seen a couple kicking around in what was described as "Wine Red" and they are absolutely gorgeous! Now I've got lots of GAS......
    Thanks in advance!

2. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    This is news to me. I guess they stopped production this year.

3. I have a Squier affinity Jazz V and IMO it plays just as good as I can imagine a MIM one would play.

I did just give it some hipshot UL tuners and some quarter pounders, so it's a little souped up compared to a stock one.

4. With Lime

With Lime

Feb 8, 2009
    Good to know. I did look into the Squier. It's my backup option if I can't find the Fender. I was worried about it so it's comforting to hear positive feedback! Thanks!

5. jtown151

jtown151

Nov 29, 2008
    I own a Fender Jazz V in the wine red finish...its a '96 i think. Its a great bass for not being made in America. They might not be anywhere on the net because they are a reliable instrument. But I haven't seen any either.

6. Senator

Senator

Nov 11, 2008
    I noticed this a few months ago. :meh:

I have the Midnight Wine '03-'04.
    I think they came in Black, Midnight Wine, Sage Green Metallic, and Sunburst. I think I'm leaving something out. Electric blue or something...?

This page was discontinued a long time ago.

This page was just recently discontinued.

:confused:

On both links, they used an American Std as the model for the black bass. :oops:

Stellar basses, by the way. :hyper:

They still have the "Wiring/Parts Diagram" on the Fender website here.

Cheers.

7. garp

garp

Feb 7, 2009
    Connecticut USA
    Midnight Blue Metallic — in the right light, it almost appears purple. Electron Blue was offered on the MIM Standards after Sage Green Metallic and Midnight Blue Metallic were both retired.

8. With Lime

With Lime

Feb 8, 2009
    Went to Long and Mcquade today, to ask if they could get me the midnight wine, but they only had that colour in the 4 strings. (Can't order it in anymore...) Oh well I bought the black one. It's still gorgeous, and it matches my P. Plus I got it today instead of waiting a month! Thanks for the info guys!