Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fender standard jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mike1968, Jun 4, 2005.

1. mike1968

mike1968 Guest

Nov 12, 2004
    e'ville Indiana
    good morning, Can anyone give their opinion as to what would be a fair price for a 1999/2000 mexican jazz. The bridge has been upgraded to a gotoh and the finish is brown sunburst. It is in good to excellent condition.I have a chance to pick this up for around $200 and as always I doubt myself as to the fairness of price. Any thoughts :confused: ?

2. Leeum

Leeum

Aug 21, 2004
    England, UK
    That seems a good price to me, wish I lived in the states :( The Jazz Mex's over this side of the pond go for nearly double that on eBay.

3. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Yeah, looks like a good price, go for it. Just as long as it's really still in good-excellent condition.

4. Mr.Phil

Mr.Phil

Apr 9, 2005
    Upstate NY
    Thats a fair price

5. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    good - very good depending on condition and build quality on inspection

6. Jonas.

Jonas.

Jun 2, 2005
  7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If it's in good condition, it's a pretty nice price. I'll buy anything Mexican in good condition for $200.

8. Jonas.

Jonas.

Jun 2, 2005

even a sombrero?

[​IMG]

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Maybe, I want pictures of everything, neck pocket, tuners, and the wiring if you can find it.

10. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    yeah with the upgraded bridege thats a great price as long as it's in good condition and plays well. Throw some new pickups in there and a Leo Quan Badass II Bridge and maybe some new pots and she'll be humming better than an american jazz!!

11. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Doubtful. :eyebrow:

Leave it be, the bass is fine just as it's shipped.