1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Standard MIA vs Fender Marcus Miller

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kilum, Feb 27, 2008.

1. kilum

kilum

Feb 27, 2008
    About to get 1 one these ... any recommendation?

2. mellobud

mellobud

May 17, 2007
    I own a MM4 ...I bought it brand new for 750$

When I first played the bass I loved the feel of the thick poly on the neck and I loved the look. I thought the preamp sounded harsh and wished it had a passive tone control.

I played by myself with no mix to sit in...so I was pretty sure that it wasn't anything special. I loved it because it forced me to be a better player and focus on my technique. I loved the fit and finish of the CIJ line and I got it setup by a tech for the first time and fell in love with it again.

1 year later I joined a jazz/fusion combo and brought it out thinking it was gonna be too harsh for the setting...That was flat out wrong. This bass sings in the mix...talk about cutting through.

The MIA jazz is equally good and for the price difference now...well...I think they jacked up the MM4 to a price where, If i were in the market again....I would buy the MIA because the MM4 is special for the old price but they jacked it too high too justify not getting a MIA.

I love the the feel of the neck/frets on the MIA too...If only i could find a Maple boarded MIA jazz used.
    then again a nice used MM4 would be an excellent deal.

(I think I successfully danced around your question.)

3. kilum

kilum

Feb 27, 2008
    thanks mellobud

4. mellobud

mellobud

May 17, 2007
    which one are you leaning towards now...

5. kilum

kilum

Feb 27, 2008
    still hard to choose ... =p
    i like them both =p