1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Starcaster Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by McHaven, Sep 24, 2008.

1. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    So everytime my friends and I walk into a Target or Wal-mart, they always have this pedals in the musical section and we must always laugh at them.

They're super cheap, about 40-50 bucks. They are HUGE boxes. I have no idea why they made them so huge.

I'm afraid to even buy one and try it out, but I think I just may have to for the laughs.

Anyone else have any experience with these?

Here's a link to one of them
    http://www.target.com/Fender-Starcaster-Chorus-Pedal-0868524002/dp/B000VOBUD6

I also hate that they got the colors mixed up! Green is not the color of chorus! That green should be the distortion and the blue should be chorus!

Anyway, thoughts?

2. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    they made a limited run and are going to multiply in profit by 50 times for collectors in the near future. think schumann prestige......

3. these look amazing...

4. The distortion sucks. Like, DS-1 humped a Metalzone and made extra dufus babies sucks. You can hear a faint distortion even when it's bypassed.

I've heard good things about the flanger, though.

5. that bad?

6. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    sigged

7. extra retarded babies?

8. I tried to like it, even if just for the novelty factor, and considered maybe later modding it for TB. But yeah; it was pretty squalid. It had a parametric mid eq, which was cool, and separate low and high tone controls, but I couldn't get a convincing distorted bass tone out of it. It sounded really tinny and plastic no matter how you set it.

I had to edit it and throw in a Venture Brothers quote. :D

9. tomhanzo

tomhanzo

Apr 20, 2008
    West Virginia
    dude i just bought the chorus. I haven't tried it in a band setting yet, but alone it is amazing.

10. holy dead thread batman

11. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I worked at Hastings in college and we sold those pedals there. They suck, oh god do they suck. The distortion sounds like fart, the flanger was meh, all the chorus pedals except one were returns, and I just gave up trying to pitch them and said to go down the street to the music store and shop there. More expensive and worse than Behringer, IMO.