1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fender Steve Bailey fretted 6-string Jazz Bass FS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ad9000, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ad9000

ad9000 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Leucadia, CA
    I haven't been playing much 6-string lately, so I'm reluctantly offering up this very fine instrument. It was produced in 2009, and I'm the second owner. Overall, it hasn't been used very much.

I had a couple of things done to the bass: Pearloid fingerboard dots were inlaid, and extensive shielding was added in the control cavity and pickup cavity. The additional shielding almost completely eliminated the noise problem that these basses are known for.

There are some dings and scratches on the edges of the body, courtesy of the previous owner. The most obvious ones are shown in couple of photos below (look for the blue circles). The photo of the back of the body shows the minor dings and scratches on the lower bout along the back treble side edge. The only other cosmetic issue is a slight finish scratch about 1/2" long on the back of the neck behind the 4th-5th fret area, which I couldn't get to show up in a photo.

The frets have almost no visible wear, and the bass was professionally set up a while back. The truss rod is fully functional and easily adjusted. The strings currently on the bass are GHS Contact Core Super Steels, gauged .030-.045-.065-.085-.105-.125.

Note: in case it isn't obvious, the swirly areas or discolorations in the photos of the body are reflections.

Case candy is included, and the bass comes in its original black tolex hardshell case.

Here's the blurb from the Fender website:

"The Steve Bailey Jazz VI has a ton of features to make it a very versatile and dependable instrument. It's built of a select alder body, asymmetrical quartersawn maple neck, ebony fretboard, 34" scale length, 9.5-14" compound fretboard radius, 2" nut width, 24 frets, custom 6-string Jazz Bass single coil pickups, a locking CVM (Convertible Modular) bridge, Hipshot® Ultralite™ tuners, and chrome hardware. The electronics on the bass are a master volume, pickup blend with detent, bass boost/cut, treble boost/cut, and a mute switch."

String spacing is 19mm at the bridge. Weight is 10 lbs 8 oz., but as it is such a well balanced instrument it doesn't feel quite that heavy.

$1450 shipped within CONUS

Shipping is via FedEx Ground (insured) unless requested otherwise. I'm not interested in any trades at the moment. Please PM with any questions.

SB6incase.

SB6bodyfront.

SB6bodyrear.

SB6headstock.

SB6front.

SB6ding.

SB6ding2.

2. ad9000

ad9000 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Leucadia, CA
    Some more photos:

SB6rear.

SB6headstockrear.

SB6casecandy.

3. Kevin Woods

Kevin Woods Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Chicago, USA
    Absolutely killer. My TRB-6 would make it seem like a lightweight ha ha. I'd love to get all over this...

Cheers.

edit: my trb-6 is well north of 12lbs!

4. why black~~~ I own a fretless version of this, so I was waiting for this!! but the color!

5. trey le parc

trey le parc Triplets

Dec 4, 2008
    Southern California
    Partner at Bass San Diego.
    Nice! You have a PM.

6. ad9000

ad9000 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Leucadia, CA
    Sorry, I didn't build it.

wes stephenson likes this.
  7. I meant that this instrument is that good!

as much as I'd have bought it only if the color was different!

Good luck!

8. ad9000

ad9000 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Leucadia, CA
    Pending sale

9. ad9000

ad9000 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Leucadia, CA
    SOLD

Thread Status: