1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Strat - MIJ E serial neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by mikopita, Mar 15, 2008.

1. mikopita

mikopita Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2007
    Florida
    Here is a project that I put together one night, and then never did anything with since. It plays good and sounds great, but will likely still need a an improvement on the intonation (it sounds a bit out and I haven't had a chance to check it out). The action is low and the neck is great (It's an MIJ E series neck). I'd say that it's a decent setup away from being a pretty nice guitar.

I'm pricing it to move since I need the $ for some repairs on a couple of my older instruments. This is a cool guitar for a cheap price, and in the hands of the right person it could really be nice.

The neck:
    I got this one on ebay about 2 years ago. I paid almost what I'm asking for the whole guitar then (without the nut). I added the roller nut on wood shim strips. The tuners and frets are original. The frets have little wear.

The body:
    This came from another project guitar that I acquired. It's one part gorgeous, one part ugly. I believe it's a solid piece of mahogany with a beautiful grain. A previous owner did a horrendous routing job, and the string ferrules aren't straight. I shielded the cavity, and with the pickguard on it looks great. The neck pocket was done poorly to say the least. The neck is tight and doesn't wiggle around, but upon close (pretty close) inspection you can see the gaps.

The electronics:
    I purchased the pickups from guitarfetish.com. They are the hot strat set, and sound great.... truly great.

SOLD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    PM coming

3. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    paypal sent

4. mikopita

Feb 22, 2007
    Florida
    soldeth

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Apparently there was no interest in my offer???

6. mikopita

Feb 22, 2007
    Florida
    Sorry, cash spoke to me.