1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fender Stratocaster w/ Upgraded Pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by HamOnTheCob, Aug 16, 2017.

1. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick, Mesa Boogie, Joyo, Dr. J, Levy's Leathers
    Price:
    $399
    This is a 2002 Fender MIM Stratocaster. Fender says this guitar was originally an HSS model, and that it's Agave blue. It seems to be the consensus that "Agave Blue" and "Ice Blue Metallic" are the same color. The HSS pickguard has been changed to the SSS one on it now (I do not have the original pickguard or pickups), which appears to be either parchment or a very light mint green. The previous owner said the pickups were Rio Grande, but I've contacted them for verification and they confirmed they are not, in fact, Rio Grande. All I know is they're a lot quieter than my other Strat-style guitars, and sound great.

The body is probably as close to mint condition as any used guitar I've ever owned. I looked it over pretty good while taking photos today, and I don't really see any blemishes in the body. There's one tiny ding on the very tip of the headstock (pictured). The neck and fretboard are in great shape.

This is my favorite color Strat, which is the main reason I bought it when I did, and it looks so much better in person. The only thing I've done to it since I got it is put Schaller-style straplocks on it and installed new strings (D'Addario EXL110+ 10.5-48).

Overall excellent guitar with upgraded pickups, nicer pickguard, and straplocks.

Comes with Fender hardshell case. All hinges, latches, interior, exterior, and handle are excellent with the exception of 2 broken feet that in no way diminish the effectiveness of the case. Free shipping to the lower 48 states. Message me for a shipping quote anywhere else!

This is a textbook scenario of impulsively buying something I absolutely did not need. I have 9 electric guitars and I'm a bass player! Eek! I'm not hurting for money, so I'm not going to give this away, but I'd like to clear up some funds so I can buy something else I have my eye on. Make me an offer!

IMG_1265.JPG IMG_1263.JPG IMG_1267.JPG IMG_1270.JPG IMG_1271.JPG IMG_1272.JPG IMG_1273.JPG IMG_1275.JPG IMG_1276.JPG IMG_1278.JPG IMG_1307.JPG IMG_1308.JPG IMG_1309.JPG IMG_1310.JPG IMG_1311.JPG IMG_1312.JPG IMG_1313.JPG IMG_1314.JPG IMG_1315.JPG IMG_1316.JPG

Thanks for looking! I'm also going to list a Telecaster if that's more your cup o' tea.
    Jacob

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    Bob mcAlister likes this.
  2. HamOnTheCob

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
  3. HamOnTheCob

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Bob mcAlister likes this.
  4. 6tzguy

6tzguy 6tzguy Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Orange County, Ca.
    Beautiful straight-grain on the maple neck! Quite possibly 1/4sawn maple. The strongest cut for strength and resisting bowing.

HamOnTheCob likes this.