Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Jazzin', Mar 24, 2005.

1. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Anybody use Fender strings on this forum? I've been using Fender strings since I got my new Fender bass, I like their sound, they might be a little more expensive than other brands, but they sound good. The ones that I use are the Originals or the SuperBass ones. (both roundwounds, w/ nickle) For the people who don't use Fender strings, what are some of the high quality strings out there of other brands?

2. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I use Fender Strings on my Jazz. I like them as well. Other strings worth checking out, IMO, are TI Jazz Flats, D'Addario XLs (or Chromes if you want flats), and DR's.

3. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Definatley check out DRs, they are great strings. Excellent customer service as well.

Graeme

4. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I use 8250's nps 4 and 5 string sets on my Victor bailey and 5 string FMT. I also use them from time on my MIA standard jazz. I also use 7250ml's and 7350's on my Marcus miller and Geddy Lee jazzes.

5. Hella_Groovy

Hella_Groovy

Aug 31, 2004
    Richmond Va
    Fender Strings are okay, but I much prefer Ernie Ball, usuall extra slinkies

6. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I do have to say that the Fender 7250's I am using have a decent life. They seem to last a few months of steady playing. Even when they go dead they sound pretty decent.

7. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk

Oct 10, 2001
    Virginia
    I won't put anything but Fender Super Bass 7250's on my Classic Jazz, nothing else will do.

8. DannyB

DannyB

Aug 17, 2004
    As a relatively new bass player (a few months) I have tried a number of different strings in order to find my sound (EB, D'aD, Fodera - all rounds and different gauges)

I got intriqued by flats after reading through these boards, and I have to say that the first set that I've bought TWICE are the Fender 9050M flats (105-55)

To me, they sound great and have the perfect dull/growl punch (contradiction maybe, but I love the sound anyhow)

My only gripe is that slides tend to burn a bit on flats, but probably due to the fact that I'm more or less a noob and haven't built up pro-quality calluses.

Simply put, the Fender 9050M's are my strings now, and I don't plan on changing them except for another set of the same. I play praise and worship mainly with a little bit of rock and some oldies mixed in.. No matter what I play, I can find a great sound with these strings.