Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Stu Hamm Urge 1 bass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by RS, Dec 20, 2004.

1. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    FS: MIM Fender Stu Hamm Urge 1 bass

- red metallic alder body, black pickguard
    - 2 single coil jazz pups
    - 2 band eq
    - 32" scale neck, rosewood board, 24 frets
    - original chrome hardware
    - lightweight
    - crummy gig bag

Near mint condition, easy 9/10. This is a neat little bass. The 32" inch scale makes it a breeze to play and the tone is very nice as well. This would be an excellent choice for someone with smaller hands or wrist problems.

The preamp is very well voiced, it produces an amazing amount of useable sounds. The 24 frets are acessible, and the tapping and slap tone from this bass is impressive.

$325 plus shipping. No trades except toward a power amp rated @ 1200 watts into 4 ohm bridged (or greater) or a 2 pickup MM bongo bass.

References available, see pics below. Serious inquiries only, please. Thanks.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kingc...=&.done=http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

2. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Bump

price lowered to $300 or trade up for a nice P bass or MM bongo bass (plus cash as appropriate).

3. I'm interested in the bass but, it doesn't seem that I could PM you, or E-mail you.

Please E-mail me at repairsbyjooeg@aol.com, I have a couple of questions.

Joe

4. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    PM and email sent

5. Assumer

Assumer

Mar 26, 2003
    Arkansas
    Is the bass still available?

6. Received your PM, thanks. I thought about it but at this time I am going to pass.

Joe

7. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
  8. Assumer

Assumer

Mar 26, 2003
    Arkansas
    Hey
    As you can see I am a lefty. I would be flipping the bass. How accessable are the upper (17-19 frets) and what is the nut width?

Thanks
    Frank

9. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    1.5" at the nut.

The top horn is pretty long so I doubt the high frets would be acessible strung lefty.

10. speck

speck

Jul 15, 2002
    Sacramento CA, USA
    You have a PM.

Speck

11. Is this still available or is it sold?