Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender sunbursts - is there a pattern?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by markorbit, Jan 26, 2006.

1. markorbit

markorbit

Apr 16, 2004
  2. momo

momo

Oct 22, 2005
    Huntington Beach, CA
    My 78 is more of a brown than a black on the edges. I think it is just variation between the models and ages.

3. Dbassmon

Dbassmon

Oct 2, 2004
    Rutherford, NJ
    The way sunburst finishes are created makes each one slightly different. Yellow stained body is sprayed red a third or so twards the center, then black around the edges. Perhaps modern robotic paint production makes them a bit more uniform but each one is slightly different and that's cool.

4. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    This is my MIJ Fender Jazz. Similar pattern, different pickguard.

5. Momo;
    What is the fretboard wood on your 78 P bass?
    Mitch

6. jwl

jwl

Jan 25, 2005
    i have an 05 mia jazz that is sunburst. but mine has very little red. from 10 feet away it looks sort of like tobacco sunburst. i put a black guard on it. it looks great. peace, jeff

7. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    My 05 MIM is the same way

8. momo

momo

Oct 22, 2005
    Huntington Beach, CA
    It is rosewood

9. my 2003 MIA P bass (that i no longer have:crying: :crying: :crying: ) had the orange and red all the way up the top horn but it was really dark like more brown. as seen here...

[​IMG]

sorry for the ric but its really the only good picture i have of my old girl anymore.