1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Super Bass 7250s. Perfectly Named!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Frank Orlando, May 6, 2010.

1. Frank Orlando

Frank Orlando

Dec 21, 2002
    Fort Myers
    I had Chromes on my '74 Jazz Bass. Loved them for the past 5 months. Nice fundamental. Good punch. Today I was at "Best Buy" (they have a music store in some of their locations) and I saw Fender Super Bass 7250s for $4.99. I figured I could use them on one of my basses and for that price I bought two sets. Well, I just tried a set on the '74 Jazz and the tone is fantastic. Very fat with nice nickle round overtones... still maintaining a soilid fundamental. Flats are nice and someday I may string another bass with them but for now these are staying on the Jazz. And they are only $4.99! :bassist:

2. Yes, they are wonderful! The new ones are great as well.

3. Herbie Chesnutt

Herbie Chesnutt Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Wake Forest, NC
    thanks for the heads up.

I stopped by BB on the way home and grabbed a couple packs of 45-105. I like these strings. and $5 a pack is a steal.

BTW I also picked up a pair of Sennheiser eh150 headphones for $10 while I was there. Nice deal.

4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    My absolute favorite string. #1 "go-to" roundwounds. $4.99 per pack is an absolute steal - I wonder what the hell BB is thinking?

5. bb is phasing out the older fender strings, as fender has a new line that are reformulated - if BB has some of the older 9050s, please somebody buy me a couple packs!