1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Super Bassman questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by geddy402, Oct 25, 2013.

1. geddy402

geddy402

Jul 20, 2012
    Have this amp hooked up to a Berg NV115. Sounds great.

BUT...I'm curious to know what the rest of you guys set the eq controls on.

I like to use the vintage channel, pretty straight forward...some mids and treble. Overdrive channel is pretty similar with the treble knob pulled out for some nice brightness and bite. Here's a pic of what I got going on...

Now the thing that I find weird is that the volume in both channels is the same but the overdrive channel is noticeably quieter than the vintage channel. Any reason for this based on my settings?

Any recommendations or settings you guys use with good results? I tend to use it on a pretty quiet setting in the house, so I usually practice at about 2.5 or 3. So, I don't really get to hear the amp and cab in full tilt...I know its a shame.

Anyone change the tubes? Any other mods/settings suggestions/lessons learned anyone has?

Thanks for the help!

Attached Files:

2. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
  3. geddy402

geddy402

Jul 20, 2012
    I saw that thread...and 56 pages on my phone is daunting. I was hoping to get some direct answers and/or suggestions. Maybe I'll have to bite the bullet and slug through it...