Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Super Sonic?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bigbutes89, Mar 6, 2006.

1. bigbutes89

bigbutes89

Mar 6, 2006
    i have been looking for a Fender bassman head but could only find vintage ones. Then i found this head its a Fender Super-Sonic. Its a mix with a Fender Vibrolux & Bassman. I am wondering if i would blow it out or If it would make a good bass head??? heres a picture

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=480875

2. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    First of all, this thread gets my vote for the absolute most useless title of all time.

Second of all, 60 watts isn't going to get you very far. Even the 100 watts that a Bassman 100 puts out is very limited, but some of us are ok with that. I don't think that that head would be very good for bass, but I could be very wrong.

What's wrong with a vintage Bassman?

3. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Thats a big waste of $1000.

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    You'd be better off with a real Bassman amp...at least you might get a midrange control!!!

Perhaps a Pignose B100 head or something...similar clean channel...probably more of what you want.

5. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    Take that $1000 and go buy a thread title.
    :D :bag:
    umm yeah, anyway...I've seen used bassmen for much less than that new head is on MF and I'm sure they'd sound a whole lot better. I actually saw two bassman heads at GC this weekend going for 650 each or something like that.
    Good luck.
    -alex

6. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    That's high, still. You shouldn't be paying much more than $400.