1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Superbassman 300

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jeffgnr90, Oct 9, 2013.

1. jeffgnr90

jeffgnr90

Aug 4, 2011
    So i'm looking at getting this head through AMS. I'm hoping that this is going to put me in the same ballpark in terms of tubey goodness/saturation found on Rush albums via 2112 - Signals. No I don't have a Ric, just a Squier Jazz and I have an aggressive playing approach. The head sounds extremely versatile and I'm mostly ecstatic about the blend and the mid freq. control. Not looking to cop the exact tones, but something similar cause it fits what I'm playing musically and the sound in my head. And if I'm not mistaken, these heads closely resemble the old Sunn stuff? Or is that just the 300t? Regardless, the thing is a beauty and sounds like it's good for MANY genre's. What are everyone's thoughts? Good for prog.? etc etc.

When I get this, I plan to post a review of it since there are none for the 300 (that I could find), just for the 300t. I've read most of if not all of the threads on this head, just lookin for some more feedback. Apologies if this thread is kind of repetitive.

2. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand