Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fender telebass & tim bogart?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lumptoner, Nov 3, 2003.

1. some one on e-bay is selling a tele-bass from 71 vintage, with tim boagarts signiture-stating this is like the bass, tim played with the fudge, catsus, and beck. anybody know if that was style fender tim plays- I thought it was jazz?
    if it was a tele, was it setup differnt?

2. DW

DW

Jun 22, 2000
    In the Vanilla Fudge days, Tim Bogert played a Precision with a post-'57 style Precision body and a pre-'57 style Precision neck, or possibly an early Tele Bass neck. He was playing it several years before 1971.

I saw that bass body on eBay, that's a second-edition (1972-78) Tele Bass, not like the one Bogert played. The seller claims it's from 72 but the pickguard is from no earlier than 74. It's just an old modded bass body allegedly autographed by him.

3. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    DW is right.
    Tim played a white late 50's body.
    50's p-bass neck, tele, shape.
    with a tele style pickup in the bridge.
    I seen him play this bass with Catus.

4. so we are says, it was a p-bass, early p-neck, with a tele pickup. correct-thanks-I saw it to, back then, thru the haze, if you sniff my drift, you know. before what axe somebody was playing made a differnce, and we absessed ( or do I mean obsessed,)over owning the same gear.