1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender tone not detecting Rumble LT25?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ethan Battistel, May 25, 2020.

1. Ethan Battistel

Ethan Battistel

Mar 4, 2020
    I bought a Rumble lt25 about a year ago, and I’ve had nothing but pleasant experiences with it. Recently, with the updated fender tone app on pc and Mac, I realized I should probably update my amp. My amp has never been updated, and is running version 1.0.10, and fender has recently released version 2.0.6. I first tried with my pc, but I got a message that no amp was detected, and it could be because it needs to be updated. I followed the steps to enter update mode, but the computer still didn’t detect my amp. I tested the USB cord with a phone, and it charged, so the cord was fine. I tried again, with my Mac, and I encountered the same problem. I tried a different cord, same problem. Frustrated out of my mind, I tried it with a family members mustang lt25. I encountered the same problem with that amp. I know the update is not 100% necessary, but it would be really nice to update it. I’m from Canada, and I know fender doesn’t sell directly to Canada, but that should not be a problem, as I can use any of their app on my phone without a problem. I’m really frustrated and if anyone knows how to help, please!!!

2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Remember the days when we would buy a bass and then an amplifier plug in and just play? It used to be soooooooo simple! :)

3. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    Did you connect the amp to the computer before you started the app?

4. Ethan Battistel

Ethan Battistel

Mar 4, 2020
    Yes, why?

5. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    It was the only thing I could think of - Fender is specific about it, but it’s an easy thing to forget, so I thought it might be worth mentioning.

6. Ethan Battistel

Ethan Battistel

Mar 4, 2020
    I tried with the amp plugged in before opening fender tone, and after I opened it

7. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Bring Back Edit/Delete Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    Does the amp show up as a usb device in device manager on your pc before launching the update software?

Also, have you contacted fender? Maybe you need to update to an interim version of software first. Sometimes software updates only support going back so far.

8. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Try a new cable. Just because it changes the phone doesn't mean that the data portion of the cable is good. Data uses a different wire pair.

9. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    I’ve run into problems with micro usb cables. Some are for charging only, others are charging and are data capable. You need a data cable to perform an update.

agedhorse likes this.
  10. Sangfoudre

Sangfoudre

Jan 26, 2021
    hello, I had the same issue today, my amp ran 1.0 ver. I switched it to firmware mode (power on while big knob tapped), and the amp switched into Updater mode, Windows recognized it and Fender Tone updated it. After this operation (5 minutes), the amp showed 2.x version and is recognized by the app. Bonus, it has now 30 empty preset to have more fun. The two first times I tried to enter firmware updater mode it failed, but I pushed the big knob poorly so the third time, I made sure it was really pushed while I turned the amp on.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021