SOLD FENDER TONY FRANKLIN FRETLESS NECK price lowered

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by grocker, Apr 3, 2017.

1. grocker

grocker

Dec 1, 2007
    Ormond Beach
    Price:
    PRICE DROP!!! Neck is in superb condition.....Tony Franklin Fretless neck, very little wear, fretboard has light string marks but it's extremely minimal ......action on Fretless necks go real low, nut slots cut low, so you get the marks above the nut(grooves) also from the strings......used sunbeams strings and only used it a few times, ebony is really a quality board......i had Tom Clement install hipshot ultralites,, im the original owner, bought the bass new. I just don't play fretless enough to keep the neck, i used the body for a lightweight fretted bass project.........already has holes drilled if you desire ultralites or just go back to HB2 tuners, i sold the ones that were on there along time ago.......2007 USA Precision.. great mwah, really a great neck.......straight, truss works great.........shipped CONTINENTAL USA only.....blacked out some of the serial but that was in a program, there's no black on there :)...........awesome neck for your project, or pickup a Tony body and have the whole bass........if i can find some screws and a neck plate i'll include it....Franklin neck had a hipshot D tuner....so the holes for the E string tuner screws appear larger but i was informed by fellow talkbasser who owns several of these necks dtuner uses same size screws, so with or without your good..or i can throw in the ultralites for an extra $55 bucks more and just use the single screw hole for all tuners........neck was always in a hard shell case in humidity controlled room with truss loosened...as i said earlier neck is straight......from what I've noticed mine and the older ones have nicer ebony boards, darker and better quality ebony....Fender introduced these in 2006...hence the prime ebony......used 2 cameras, neck is the lighter color, not the yellow that showed up in some pics.......

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  2. grocker

grocker

Dec 1, 2007
    Ormond Beach
    Cool, they look bigger to me but you could also just use slightly larger screws if you had to....but thank you for the info...i appreciate that....To me these necks seem of custom shop quality....thanks brother..

AngelsBassBall likes this.
  3. grocker

grocker

Dec 1, 2007
    Ormond Beach
  4. int

int

Jan 21, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    Sent PM.

5. grocker

grocker

Dec 1, 2007
    Ormond Beach
    Sold

6. int

int

Jan 21, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    Am looking forward to this neck. Gonna put it on a 2006 MIM P with a Lindy Fralin +5% P-bass pickup and see what happens. I sold my fretless when we started having kids but now I have the weekends and nights back to make noise. :D. Well, some weekends and nights.

If it does what I hope I'll grab a TF body and solder in some goodies.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2022