SOLD Fender Tony Franklin FRETTED Precision Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Brad Hanback, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Brad Hanback

Brad Hanback Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2007
    North Alabama
    Price:
    Strings:
    I will regret selling this bass. No lie...it's a special one. I purchased it in 2009 and have owned it for 8 years.

As you probably realize, Fretted Tony Franklins aren't as commonly found as the fretless model is. This Precision PJ bass a 3 way selector switch which chooses between the passive P pickup, the split coil combining the P and J in middle position, and the J pickup in the rear position. This bass has been played and shows moderate wear on the back of the bass. It also has a couple of imperfections on the front of the bass. I tried to show the wear but it would not show in photographs. You can't see any of this unless you are inspecting the bass up close. Since this bass has the nitrocellulose lacquer finish, it gets "bass mojo" quickly. However, that is also what helps give this bass it's tone and sustain that sets it apart from other P basses. Again, I promise. This bass is special. I've had more compliments to this bass than any I've ever owned.

Also, I'm including the Badass bass bridge that I added and the original Fender bridge. Bass weighs in at 9 lbs on my bathroom scales.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  2. Brad Hanback

Brad Hanback Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2007
    North Alabama
    Sold....on Reverb.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2022