Fender Triplebucker?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by PortlandBass77, Apr 21, 2014.

1. I was browsing the Fender website today when I noticed the modern player Dimension Bass with a TRIPLEBUCKER pickup. I have never heard of a 3 coil pickup before now and I am wondering if anyone has any experience with these and if they behave more like a single coil, humbucker, or something internally different? Also it makes me wonder if there are other bizarre pickup designs nobody knows about.

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

Fender pretty much made a carbon copy of the Ibanez ATK pickup that's been around for 20+ years.
    There is nothing special about them. They behave like a single coil, humbucker or a mix depending on how you set them.
    It is essentially a humbucker with an additional single coil. You can't humbuck with 3 coils.

3. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    There have been a bunch of guitars, including some Fenders, with three coil pickups. It's just three coils right next to each other, with one reverse wound.

4. giuseppecaporus

giuseppecaporus

Dec 19, 2013
    Italy
  5. Has anyone experimented with modding it so all 3 coils are active at once?

6. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    That's a stock feature of the bass. It has a switch with 5 different wiring combinations, including all-on.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021