Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Tuning Machines

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jimbass55, Aug 5, 2002.

1. I have a set of Fender tuning machines that I would like to sale. I pulled these off of a 78' P-bass neck, but I am not for sure if they are from 1978. I will try to post a picture tommorrow and maybe you guys can help me identify them. Or if anyone out there has a seventies bass, and has available pictures please feel free to drop them on me.(A long shot I know) I would like to think that they will be worth more if they are vintage, but any reasonable offers will be considered. Thanks.

2. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    Once you get those pics up, I'll make an offer. Thanks,

Greg

3. I forgot to bring them to work today. (that is where the digital camera is) I will try to get them tommorrow. Sorry.

4. Okay, here are the pic's. Any idea if these are vintage, or is it too hard to tell. They are in perfect condition, but I am doubting there authenticity because they look so fresh. Let me know what you guys think. Either way they are great hardware, and who really cares. They hold tune and that is what counts. Thanks.

5. Oh yeah, If it helps they say made in Germany on the back. Whatever that is worth. Thanks.

6. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I just sent you a PM Jim.

7. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    as did I, but of course ebozz gets first dibs

8. The price is $45 (shipping included).

If Monty wants them he gets first shot other than that they are free game. I accept checks or money order. I will be out of town till Tuesday night, so I will respond back then. Thanks.

9. First come first serve. $45 shipped. Thanks.