1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Urge 1 or Fender Elite 2?? hmmm

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by steve5224, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Im just looking around for a new bass not brand new but you know just to have and play at some gigs as back up or secondary bass. I really like the design and the looks for the both. I played the Fender Urge and i liked it gives a good punch and has a variety of tones. Which one would you pick and why.

2. deeptubes

deeptubes

Feb 21, 2011
    oceanside
    I have an'84 P Elite II and it...is...AWESOME!!! It's pretty heavy, weightwise - 13+ lbs on my bathroom scale. Tone is amazing. With the pickup positions and 3 way switches for the preamp and tone, it has a ton of possibilities. Everyone that sees is it is drawn to it. The typical response is "Wow! I've never seen one of these before!" I let Family Man use it when The Wailers truck carrying his gear broke down. Afterwards, he kept repeating how nice that bass is. I love all of my Fenders, but this is the one I will keep 'til the day I die. There is just something special about this bass.

PrecisionEliteII_a.

3. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    The Urge I is one of the best "players" Fender has ever made. The Elite is a bit of an oddity, but a very interesting option. In the end, this would come down to the two specific instruments for me, rather than the two models.

4. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    Get the USA Urge 1. The MIM Urge felt kinda cheap from what I remember.