1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Urge popping sound

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by steve5224, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Hello there, thanks for stopping by and helping me out in a lil situation i have here with my bass. So i have a Fender Urge Stu Hamn first edition. Plays great love the looks and sound, but i notice when i pull the strings just a lil just from having to much fun getting into it. Its more like if i was playing slap if i play light as in not pulling the strings that much than it sounds fine. Is there anyway to fixing this or is this the way fender makes there basses and sound? I tried adjusting the height of the string as well as changing them and no luck.

2. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    I could be way off but, it sounds like your strings are hitting the pickups. This video gives an example of that. If that's the problem, maybe you could lower the pickups? Move your right hand so you're not plucking directly over the pickup? I dunnoh?

3. superdick2112

superdick2112 Mile High Bassist Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2010
    The Centennial State
    Try trimming your treble control (on the bass) back a bit, and try lowering the pickups a bit as well.