1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender US '62 RI Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ArpeggiFish, Feb 24, 2008.

1. ArpeggiFish

ArpeggiFish

Feb 24, 2008
    Hi,

Is it any good? I love the stacked knobs. I would probably change the bridge to a Badass or a Hipshot. How are the pickups? I love Jazz Bass necks :ninja:.

Thx

-Arpeggi

2. ArpeggiFish

ArpeggiFish

Feb 24, 2008
    bump

3. USAJO

USAJO

Apr 13, 2005
    I've had two and love them. The 62 RI neck profile is very comfortable to me. I would not change the bridge. I think if you can get a used one for $900.00 to $1000.00 you are getting a great gigging bass.

4. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I like this bass a lot. The necks are cool, and I think nitro finished instruments are cool. FWIW, I also think that the japanese ones are cool and a good bang for the buck. The Lakland JO is worth checking out as well.

5. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    If your going to buy a bass and start changing parts, at least look (if you haven't already) at the new American Standards which have heavier bridges than older models. They are really nice and quite a bit cheaper. The QC seems to be much better than in the past and the necks on the ones I've looked at, both Ps and Js, have good straight necks. I'm buying a new Precision.

6. ArpeggiFish

ArpeggiFish

Feb 24, 2008
    Well, I've never liked Standard fender bridges. I would also get a hipshot bass xtender. Where can I see and play a '62 RI? Guitar center(blah)?