1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Fender US bridge for Squier VM Precision?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by skyline_01, Jan 20, 2020.

1. skyline_01

skyline_01 Endorsing artist: Nordstrand Audio, Tsunami Cables Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Lebanon, OH
    Hey all,

I've searched but could not quite find what I was looking for. I am potentially set to acquire a Squier VM Precision V and will likely be doing some of the usual mods if I get it.

The stock bridge has a 6-hole screw pattern and I know that Hipshot makes a KickAss 5 specifically for Squier V basses (it's called mount pattern 2). It would be a great option but could add some heft at the same time. I also like the look of the Fender American Precision V bridge (see link below) which uses a 4-screw pattern. I am wondering if the 4 holes in the American bridge would line up with the inner 4 holes in the Squier VM P V body (at least close enough to work without drilling), or if it would be too offset. My gut says it's a no go, but if anyone has any first-hand knowledge I'd certainly appreciate a shout. Thanks!

Fender American Standard 5-String Bass Bridge 2008 HMV 0075128000 007-5128-000

2. skyline_01

Nov 14, 2006
    Lebanon, OH
    Would also be interested in any other good 5-string bridges that are known to fit the Squier hole pattern.

3. mesaplayer83

mesaplayer83

Jun 27, 2017
    I don't know about that, but have used a MIM Fender 5 string bridge on a US Peavey Foundation 5 to excellent effect, and it didn't cost much, either... I did have to fill and drill some holes, but it was no big deal - here's a pic: Peavey Hardshell Case(1).JPG

skyline_01 likes this.
  4. skyline_01

Nov 14, 2006
    Lebanon, OH
    Good to know! That's a really great-looking Foundation... I've got bad GAS for US Peavey basses, and you're not helping. :D;)

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 13, 2021