Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender US Deluxe Jazz question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassjigga, May 2, 2005.

1. bassjigga

bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    I've been thinkin about buying one of these in the amber color. Does anyone have real pics of one? The web art usually doesn't get it quite right and I want to see what it looks like. Both rosewood and maple boards if possible. Thanks,

Dave

2. Here's GrooveMonkey's. (I hope you don't mind GrooveMonkey).

[​IMG]

I'll leave it to him to tell you how good it is.

3. Well mine isn't that color, but if you imagine that bass being a beautiful trans red you've got mine. I can't imagine one of those basses looking anything less than scrumtrulescent, especially amber with the rosewood. Yummy.

4. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    I also have a MIA deluxe and they are awesome basses!! When I got mine I turned down both a corvette and a Ray for it. Mine is aged Cherry burst and it is BEAUTIFUL!! Ill get pics on latter today im in school right now :ninja:

5. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    not that this helps but ALL of the MIA Deluxe finished are awesome. Fender did it "right" in every aspect this time.
    -Bazz-

6. bassjigga

bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    Thanks guys... keep em comin.

Dave

7. bassjigga

bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
  8. I would post a picture of mine, but my computer got messed up and we had to reinstall EVERYTHING, so to make a long story short I lost all of my digital pictures of it.

9. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Hers My deluxe Jazz MIA its aged cherry burst!

Attached Files:

10. I avoided Fenders for a long-time and recently gave in - guys these Jazzes that you have are so awesome!! :bassist: :hyper:

11. I love my MIA Delux - candy tangerine! :)

12. nivagues

nivagues

Jan 18, 2002
    I have a 1997 Sunburst. Great Basse.

HERE

13. PICTURES! What is the fretboard?

14. bassjigga

bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    Anyone happen to have an amber one with maple board? Mo pics!

Dave

15. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Yeah...I do. I'll have to try to take pics either tonight or tomorrow. I replaced the tort pickguard with a black/white/black pickguard, replaced the knobs with chrome knobs and added a chrome neck pickup cover. Looks really vintage cool.

-Bazz-

16. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    I think the reason for the "surging attraction for these "New Deluxe Basses is that they (Fender)put a lot of attention to detail i.e. electronics,hardware,and better finishes than they have in recent pass,and as one Tb'er here stated:there is more of a handmade effort on these basses than the previous basses.They are real good basses for the money.

17. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I agree...I owned (briefly) a 2002 version. I was nowhere near as good (fit, finish, tone, B string) as this 2004 version I have now.

18. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Kansas City
    Here's my American Deluxe for what it's worth:

[​IMG]

Yep! Fender made a believer out of me with their American Deluxe series! Unfortunately, mine isn't Amber - it's Tobacco sunburst, but you get the idea....

19. bassjigga

bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    RandallFlagg - That bass looks great! And I'm usually not a fan of the tobacco burst...

Dave