No longer available Fender USA Adam Clayton Signature Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ThumbyAche, Oct 7, 2017.

1. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Gold Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Colorado
    Price:
    Strings:
    I reserve the right to pull this as I have it posted other places as well and locally. Lower price for local deals.

This is a very well used and awesome sounding Fender USA Adam Clayton Signature Jazz Bass. It has some player wear because as I say...players play. :)

Here are the deets:

Neck: Graphite reinforced maple with rosewood fingerboard and MOP block inlays. Note: the original owner had the MOP side dot inlays replaced with glow in the dark dot inlays and I found this to be awesome when performing on stage with my U2 tribute band. Chrome Fender Lollipop tuners.

Body: Alder with Metallic Sherwood Green finish and about 9 lbs. There is some player wear and a few scratches and minor mojo but like I said...p.p
    It is in really great condition.

Pickups: The Standard Fender Custom Shop 60's single coil pups and these are AWESOME. I like them better than my Suhr single coils..that is a true statement. Also, this has a nordstrand passive harness with orange drop cap. Sounds better than the original harness. Very barky and burpy sounding bridge pup.

Bridge: Standard Fender High Mass chrome bridge.

This will likely come with a gig bag as I do not have the original case.

Trades - This is only with cash to me and very specific:

Genzler MG212t cabinet

Genz-Benz Shuttle 9.2 plus cash to me.

Cog T-16 plus cash to me.

3 leaf PWNZOR plus cash to me.

Duncan Studio Bass Compressor pedal plus cash to me.

if you have a few of these items and can add a little cash then I would also be interested.

That's about it and feel free to ask more questions.

Here are the pretty pics and my feedback here on TB and elsewhere should make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. :) IMG_5935.JPG IMG_5936.JPG IMG_5937.JPG IMG_5938.JPG IMG_5939.JPG

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    ScotRFM, totallywink and Hoyt like this.
  2. JazzBass1949

JazzBass1949 I Did That Ya I played There Ya I Did What a Blast

Sep 21, 2009
    Southern ILLinois
    Hey I have one of These and The Bass is Really Sweet, I have TI's on the Bass JF344's and Play Through a.. GK 2X12 Combo.. The Bass Is Smooth' Play's Like But'ta These Basses Need Nothing I Used to change stuff Pups Controls tuners ,,But For some reason I have left this alone, Why? Cuz' Fender Made This Bass Very Cool, "Just My Opinion, I got the Bass on Here T/B ' I Traded a Nice Mint Ric For It'Even Up , but the Jazz Was Mint Mint Like Never Played Condition, Just like He and I Said,",{ just not a Fan of the Wide' Ric Neck 'They Need to go back to the 70's or make a Ric with a Slim Thin not so Wide neck Model } If your Looking for a Fender Jazz ' This one is at a good Price !

BASSPLAYERS4HIM and ThumbyAche like this.
  3. ThumbyAche

Sep 15, 2005
    Colorado
    Yep all that and a bag of chips:)

4. Blackhawks55

Blackhawks55

Jul 21, 2013
    Trade deal for a Rickenbacker 4003 Jetglo?

5. ThumbyAche

Sep 15, 2005
    Colorado
    Thanks but would need to be something that pushes some cash my way. othwrwise, this bass is a keeper.:)

6. Blackhawks55

Blackhawks55

Jul 21, 2013
    PMING you

7. ThumbyAche

Sep 15, 2005
    Colorado
    Pm replied to

8. ThumbyAche

Sep 15, 2005
    Colorado
    I may actually hang on to this one for a while. I have been playing it a lot lately. The custom jazz harness that was installed really made this come alive in the mix.

Hoyt likes this.
  9. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

Mind if I ask what the harness changed?

Hoyt and Bones1450 like this.
  10. ThumbyAche

Sep 15, 2005
    Colorado
    To me, I am now getting more of that nasally, burpy, Barky type tone with my bridge pup. Sounds a little growler in the mix to me as well. I had two fender ac's so I was able to compare and this one sounds better to me. Keeping it for now:)

11. ThumbyAche

Sep 15, 2005
    Colorado
    Offers? I need to move this. Trying to put together an IEM pedalboard so if you have a Duncan Studio bass comp and/or 3 leaf little black box to complete my board that would be awesome. I'm open to partial trades plus cash to me.

12. PM Sent

13. ThumbyAche

Sep 15, 2005
    Colorado
    Pm returned

14. ThumbyAche

Sep 15, 2005
    Colorado
    Reasonable offers? Please consider shipping and paypal when making offers.
    I can also combine my Fender AC with mxr bass pedals for something else I can use. I'd like to try Sandberg basses, Wilkins basses, still some other pedals I'm looking for like Duncan Studio bass comp and 3 leaf little black box, Anadime bass chorus, Alexander flanger, and genzler 112 or 212 cab.

15. ThumbyAche

Sep 15, 2005
    Colorado
    local deal fell through so still available. I will consider partial trades if it's something on my list.

16. ThumbyAche

Sep 15, 2005
    Colorado
    Throw something from my trade list at me with some offers. :)

17. ThumbyAche

Sep 15, 2005
    Colorado
    This one has been sold locally.

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021