1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender USA Fretless Jazz, 4 string, SB with rosewood.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Billyzoom, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Billyzoom

Billyzoom Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Bay Area
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fender USA Fretless Jazz bass. Plays and sounds terrific. One of the best sounding strictly-passive Jazz basses I've ever owned. Great weight...only 8.3 pounds. I believe I strung it with Sadowsky blue flats. It's been a couple months, but I'm pretty sure it's those.

Cosmetically lovely as well...a great sunburst, beautiful rosewood board. Some very faint scratches on the back as you'd expect from any bass that's been played, but nothing noticeable and nothing through the finish. No chips and no scratches through the finish. Just ones you'd mostly see only if you tilt it to the light to look for them. No noteworthy cosmetic flaws that I could identify.

IMG_3310_zpsmxjt0pp8.

IMG_3311_zpsfiu72vgo.

IMG_3312_zps57bpewer.

IMG_3315_zpszvkklb58.

IMG_3313_zpsz0byvtnc.

IMG_3317_zpsxcpuh2hv.

Includes Fender locking case. Looks good, functions perfectly. A few light signs of use here and there, looks good overall.

Selling only because I haven't been able to find a job yet after coming off disability, and just got engaged. Given that I'm just an at-home plunker, I'd feel more secure financially selling my collection and going down to my Peavey Fury and a practice amp. So my basses and amp are going up for sale. But I'm not desperate..I just plan to list things at what I need to get, and at a good price for the buyer so it will sell fairly quickly.

$580 plus $60 shipping. Price is firm, no trades. DID I MENTION NO TRADES? Won't respond to lower offers or trade offers.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    nice!

3. fourtet102

fourtet102

Jun 20, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    I hate heaters!
    Killer price

4. What year is this? Thanks

5. Wolfenstein666

Wolfenstein666

Dec 19, 2014
    Not a fender enthusiast but that is a banging price. If I played fretless I'd be on this. GLWTS

6. ofajen

ofajen

Apr 12, 2007
    92.4W 38.9N
    Just making sure the price is not a typo.

Otto

7. Billyzoom

Billyzoom Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Bay Area
    I just packed it up and don't want to unpack it, but I believe it may have been a 2007. I took the neck off at one point to verify, and forgot to make note. But I may still have the photo somewhere. I'll verify if I find it.

And I don't play fretless...I bought this to learn, but found I enjoyed the tone so much that I used it more for melodic lines, rather than more typical "bass" use. So fun.

8. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Okay, I'll give this until tonight because I really don't need it. Then it's mine if someone doesn't grab it. I mean c'mon this should have been gone 10 minutes after it got listed people.
    @Billyzoom, If this is still here at 10 pm Eastern tonight 1-1-17, then PM me your Paypal and mark it sold.

Cheers,
    Funkhead

9. Rnb4003

Rnb4003

Oct 14, 2014
    New Jersey
    Pm'd