1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender usa jazz V with or without eq?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Cutty, May 31, 2011.

1. Cutty

Cutty

Jun 25, 2006
    U.K.
    I,m thinking of buying a USA jazz bass 5,should i get the deluxe with the Fender eq already fitted,or should i get the standard and fit a aftermarket eq?help me choose which way to go,thanks.

2. Engine207

Engine207 Losing faith in humanity...one call at a time.

Jul 10, 2008
    Higley, AZ
    I have both. A Mexican Standard that I've installed an Audere preamp into, and an American Standard Deluxe which is stock (and for sale in the TB Classifieds). I like the Mexican Standard because with the with Z-Mode on the Audere, it gives me the ability to basically make the preamp "transparent".

Despite that, If I could afford to keep the MIA, I would. It's lighter and the B-string is tighter. Mine is a '97, and the Suhr pickups and preamp make it a bit more aggressive sounding than other Deluxes, especially when I really dig in.