1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available Fender USA Precision Bass; 2013 AVHR Body/2012 AmStd Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 2cooltoolz, Jan 7, 2018.

1. 2cooltoolz

2cooltoolz Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Lake Conroe, TX
    Price:
    $850
    Strings:
    Okay. This is a hard one for me. Hard to let go of, hard to explain, and I know it won’t sell for what it’s worth. It’s a parts bass. Great parts! But I know a parts bass requires a leap of faith, and is not for everyone. So I have it priced well below what it would cost to replace or rebuild it. I’m selling it because I decided a few months ago to make the transition to 5 strings, and am now fully committed. My dream is to build this exact bass in a 5er, but the parts aren’t out there. Oh, well.

The body is a 2013 Fender American HotRod Reissue Swamp Ash Precision PJ. To the best of my ability, I believe it is a 2 piece. Nitrocellulose finish! These basses were released one year only and originally sold for around $2200, though the price came down quickly. It was intended as a top-of-the-line Fender! Purchased from Stratosphere.

The neck is a 2012 American Standard Precision Bass, maple with maple, with Hipshot D-tuner Extender. Graphite rods, truss rod works perfectly, very minimal wear on the frets. I’ve owned the neck for a couple of years, and play flats only.

The bridge is a Fender American Vintage Reissue style, purchased new for this project.

Electronics: Seymour Duncan SPB-1 Vintage wound Precision with Fender Super 55 Split Coil Jazz. I used a CTS stacked 500/500 pot with Fender knobs for the volumes, front/rear, with a CTS master tone 250k linear audio mini-pot with .047 Orange Drop cap. Pickup selector is a 3 way Switchcraft Les Paul type for Front/Both/Rear. The Front and Rear positions isolate each respective pickup, or you can use the V/V to blend in the Both position. Switchcraft side mounted output. Everything purchased new for this project.

I tried several pickguards and ended on a Fender 3 ply B/W/B.

Schaller type locking strap pins, and the neck plate is the Checkered Flag design used for the HotRod Reissues. Weight is an awesome 8 lbs 3.2 oz!

I would rate the condition as excellent! This bass has been gigged and has a couple of minor dings, one on the upper horn and a couple on the head. They are much more evident under the harsh flash than in real life. There are some tiny surface dents and some swirls on the back, evident looking across at light. But this bass was loved and attended to thusly :)D)

The work was done by yours truly. I’m not a professional, and my solder joints will not look machine made, but I’ve built (assembled) half a dozen or so parts basses, without a single failure.

This bass will be shipped in your choice of an older (but not beat!) Fender deluxe gig bag (Good padding, excellent pockets!) or a newish Fender Metro gig bag (Excellent padding, fairly useless pockets (but stylish ;)))

This was my #1, at a time when I owned 8 nice basses! She will be missed.

I’m asking $850 PAYPAL, shipped CONUS.

Thanks for looking, Jon.

11 CLOSE. 12 FULL. 13 HEAD FR. 14 HEAD BACK. 15 BACK. 16 NICK. 17 NICK. 18 WEIGHT. 19 STRATOSPHERE.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  2. flewis

flewis Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Awesome deal here!

2cooltoolz likes this.
  3. jeffcycles

jeffcycles

Dec 30, 2017
    Portland, OR
    Very nice!

2cooltoolz likes this.
  4. 2cooltoolz

2cooltoolz Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Lake Conroe, TX
    Hi. I've had some questions about the controls. I guess you can't really see the stacked Vol/Vol in the pics and my explanation wasn't clear. Sorry:bag:.

I used a stacked Volume/Volume; top is P PU, bottom is J PU. The 3 way is Up=P only;Middle=Both;Down=J only. The Jazz pickup is a split coil, so there is no hum. It sounds very similar to a regular Jazz bass with both pickups full up. There is a master tone that controls all. I like it because it totally isolates the PUs in up or down allowing it to have a true P sound (or J).
    1 cotrols.

petrus61 likes this.
  5. Fuzmaster

Fuzmaster petro ergo sum Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2014
    (near) Denver
    This is a very cool bass, and a killer deal. IMO, the AVHR body and Super 55 Jazz pickup alone are almost worth the price of admission here.

BTW, I also have a self-modded AVHR P-bass, with a 3-way switch for the pickups. It's a great set up!

2cooltoolz likes this.
  6. goldenglory18

goldenglory18

Nov 30, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Amateur. Take my advice for its resale value.
    I call dibbs on the neck if you decide to part it out!

7. Icculus

Icculus

Jul 29, 2010
    Brotherly Love
    I'd probably be interested in the body if you wanted to work something out.

8. goldenglory18

goldenglory18

Nov 30, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Amateur. Take my advice for its resale value.
    I'll let the OP chime in, but unless he's willing to split it, I wont buy it just to break it up. Not cool on my part at all...