Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender USA Urge 1 (Stu Hamm model)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jcburn, May 7, 2005.

1. Whats peoples opinions on this bass.There is a nice looking one going on Ebay at the moment.The only thing that worries me is the 32" scale.Tension doesnt worry me but I like a low action with as little fret buzz as poss.
    Anyone?BGRA and Harmony Central both have some conflicting views in there user reviews.

2. timinator

timinator

May 8, 2005
    Word on the street is that the short scale is more comfortable and playable, especially for smaller people and speedy soloists, but there isn't a sacrifice in clarity as long as you don't tune down. I'd love to try a Stu Hamm but I've never even seen one. Good Luck.

3. gapupten

gapupten

Dec 29, 2004
    Looks like its too late for the auction, but I have one. Extemely fast neck. Extremely low action. Clearly the Porche of basses.
    With 2 J bass pickups and a P, it is quite flexible. I did not like the stock pickups. Too bright for me. I changed them to Barts.
    If you are looking for a bass for solo work, I can't think of a better one. However, if you want to thump behind a band, others are much better.

4. As I said in a similar post about this......it's the nicest Fender I've ever played. When I do a 3 set night I usually finish off the night with it because it's so easy to play even when I'm a little tired during that 3rd set. The bass also sounds great to me.