Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender "Ventures" Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by greendayjustin, May 2, 2004.

1. Has anyone seen these things around? I guess there were made in very limited production in Japan around 1996. How much do you think one of these would go for?

2. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Iv'e seen one at GC months ago, the asking price was about $1200.00 bucks. It was black w/matching headstock, one piece pickguard (white), black nylon strings, rosewood neck w/white blocks and binding.

3. Thanks for the reply. The reason I ask is that I have one for sale and just wanted to know what they go for these days.

4. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    I have only seen fuzzy pics... I am subscribing in hopes that you will post some maybe?

5. I have tried but i guess the pics are too big

6. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    There has been one on ebay that never sells, and has been relistd 3 million times. Must not be very desierable.

7. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    [​IMG]
    The only picture I could dig up.

8. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I've seen Venture's Jazz Basses sell from around $700, up to around $900. It just depends on the condition of the bass and the demand at the time of sale. I've played a couple of Venture's Jazzes and I really liked them for their sound and playability, but I thought the one-piece pickguard was fugly, so I never bought one.

9. Mine kind of looks like the one in that pic, but it has the ventures logo on the top hop and on the headstock.

Peace, Justin

10. and by hop I mean horn. silly me.