1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fender Victor Bailey Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dinodino, May 1, 2016.

1. dinodino

dinodino

Mar 9, 2008
    Price:
    Strings:
    For sale is a Fender Victor Bailey bass with a beautiful Koa top in good condition. The bass was sold to my friend around 2008 and has sat unused in a closet until this month so it's in good shape. The original owner was a nyc luthier who worked with Carl Thompson, who modified it:

-the original poly was taken off and the bass was finished in a Danish oil finish. Some of the poly on the headstock has also been rubbed off, but not all the way. Please refer to pictures.
    -string thru ferrules were taken out and were plugged with cocobolo, walnut and purple heart (I believe those were the woods)
    - the bass is currently wired passive vvt with a 3 way switch - signal cut, regular, and treble cut. Extremely useful for live performances. The original preamp was retained by the original owner and will be included.
    -a few tiny marks on he back of the body and 2-3 darkened spots on the back of the neck (no difference in feel on the back of the neck)

The bass is 8.07 lbs last I weighed it and comes with the beautiful original brown g&g case and gold straploks. The bass is perhaps the most resonant and acoustically loud jazz bass I've played. Three of the original gold knobs are also included, though now it is wearing great rubber knobs to save weight (aluminum knobs in one of the pics not included)

$875 + shipping from NYC or will trade for a Fretless 4 in excellent condition (+/- cash)

Pm me with any questions.

image. image. image. image. image. image. image. image. image.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
    Squinty Jones and 3rdBass like this.
  2. Jason Hollar

Jason Hollar Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Pittsburgh area
    Wow

Squinty Jones likes this.
  3. dinodino

dinodino

Mar 9, 2008
    Pulling this - got some great offers, but this bass is too good to let go!

etherealme likes this.
  4. 3rdBass

3rdBass Funk in A Supporting Member

That was quick. :eyebrow: I spied it last night and was ready to PM you this morning about it.

5. dinodino

dinodino

Mar 9, 2008
    Yep, my only other bass went out of commission so I'm keeping this for now. May go back up for sale once I find a suitable replacement. Sorry all!

6. dblbass

dblbass Commercial User

Mar 24, 2007
    Beacon, NY
    Owner of MBJ guitars, Maker of fine sawdust for Carl Thompson Guitars
    That was my bass! Glad to see its still being played and taken care of.

dinodino likes this.
  7. dinodino

dinodino

Mar 9, 2008
    Up for sale again as I've gotten bitten by the Fretless bug

8. dinodino

dinodino

Mar 9, 2008
    SOLD - this beauty is going to the great state of Nevada!

Thank you TB and buyer