Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Victor Bailey Signature Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by some guy#2, Apr 10, 2002.

1. some guy#2

some guy#2

Feb 3, 2001
    Anyone own/played one? I saw him on tour with Sandip Berman & it was luscious! It looks good on paper though I'm quite ignorant!

I DID search the archives & came up with next to nothing...

OH, & his tune Consequently...ETHEREAL!

Any input welcome
    &
    Thanks

2. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I played the VB sig at last years summer namm.it was very nice,I spent close to an hour with it.it seems to be very versatile,and the neck was comfortable.it had its own sound,one that i thought was nice and mildly punchy,but I was able to dial in some kool tones(like I said very versatile).

3. Sam V

Sam V Guest

Aug 3, 2002
    Canada - Calgary AB
    I just got one for christmas, sounds so sweet! I'm so happy with it.. mine doesn't have the same look as victors though. The koa on mine is alot lighter and has spots that are figured. Gorgeous none the less. It feels like a crime to play it with a belt on.

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
  5. Played one in a store and liked it. Easy to play, looks cool. I didn't really put it through alot of tests but walked away with a good impression. Compared it to a new Jazz Deluxe and MY personal choice would be the deluxe. Just my impression, not based on any hard facts.

If I were to buy a new fender product it would be one of those.