1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender Vintage Hot Rod ‘60s Precision Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ajschnitzelbank, Nov 6, 2017.

1. ajschnitzelbank

ajschnitzelbank Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Price:
    Strings:
    This here, friends, is one hell of a bass. Before you ask “why would you part with this beautiful and rare bird,” I’ll tell you: I’ve decided to go for just a simple vintage style p bass, and I am a one bass kind of guy.

I picked her up a couple/few years ago, and she’s been my only player. Because of that there are some swirl marks and a few dings in the clear. But there are NO CHIPS or dents.

If you aren’t familiar, this was a somewhat limited run, and listed over $2000. And seriously, the build quality is top notch.

FEATURES:
    • Maple neck with rosewood board, nitro finish, 1.625” nut, C shape with 7.25-12” compound radius. I found it very comfortable. Has graphite rods, and is very stable.
    • Ash body with a nitro lacquer finish.
    • Fender American pickups: vintage ‘63 p, ‘64 j (single coil). If I remember correctly they are CS pickups.
    • Stock Fender American hardware.
    • Great looking (I think) Warmoth cream pickguard, will come with original black one.
    • Has some case candy including pickup covers, vintage style strap, coiled instrument cable.

Will ship in Fender ABS plastic case that has one crack in it, but is fully functional.

$1234 or best offer. I’m in Upstate NY near the VT and MA boarder. Would be willing to travel to to like WNY or NJ for a meetup.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    blepp, seang15, woodyng2 and 2 others like this.
  2. ajschnitzelbank

Sep 4, 2012
    I’ll take photos of the bass as soon as I can, but wanted to get ad up to gage interest.

3. ajschnitzelbank

Sep 4, 2012

Attached Files:

R&B, seang15, Sithian and 1 other person like this.
  4. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    These are great.

ajschnitzelbank likes this.
  5. Randy W Lopez

Randy W Lopez Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2003
    Dearborn Heights, MI
    Endorsing Artist-MESA BOOGIE
    Are these American made?

6. ajschnitzelbank

Sep 4, 2012
    Absolutely American made! Thanks for asking. And it's definitely a higher quality than the typical American standard (as you'd hope given the price).

seang15 and noeinstein like this.
  7. ajschnitzelbank

Sep 4, 2012
    Open to offers bump. Especially if I don't need to ship or pay Paypal fees! Willing to meet up in the northeast.

seang15 likes this.
  8. ajschnitzelbank

Sep 4, 2012
    Here she is in her case with her box, ready to be taped up and shipped!

image2.jpeg
    image1.jpeg

9. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Not much to add here. Except my American Vintage hot rod p bass gets way more playing time than either my Wal or my Sadowsky. Engineers love the thing. OP, if you're a simple P bass guy, may I suggest turning the bridge pickup volume down to zero? ;)

10. ajschnitzelbank

Sep 4, 2012
    Hey, thanks for positive review of the bass! It is a very fine playing bass, however, I bought an AVRI P bass that's been calling my name. Maybe it's that ol' devil called GAS, maybe it's because variety is the spice of life, maybe it's because I can't well enough leave the jazz pickup volume alone if it's there. Probably a bit of all three.

11. ajschnitzelbank

Sep 4, 2012
  12. fakeneckplate'65

fakeneckplate'65 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2014
    Columbus, OH
    What a stunner..

13. ajschnitzelbank

Sep 4, 2012
    Hey thanks!