1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender Vintage Hot Rod 60's Precision Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by tminus10, Jan 23, 2017.

1. tminus10

tminus10 On a mission from God Supporting Member

May 1, 2011
    Seattle
    Price:
    Strings:
    IMG_0080[1].JPG Back on the block! Snag it before I change my mind again. Really cool fender here! By FAR the best Hot Rod Fender has ever made. And my favorite Precision bass ever! This is a 2014. The vintage style Music Gear Tweed case is in excellent condition and still has that new bass smell. Comes with case candy too. Frets are in excellent shape, neck is great and the most comfortable Precision neck I've played with its compound radius. Light buckle rash on the back from previous owner. scratches on pick guard at truss rod. Unfortunately that's also 60's style 8.5 lbs Here is what Fender had to say about them:

A gritty throwback to the '60s Precision Bass with premium appointments and modern features.

The Vintage Hot Rod 60s Precision Bass is a dual-pickup beauty that gives you the best P/J Fender bass tone, style and performance of both eras”authentically vintage-style design touches straight from the 1960s and hot-rodded modern mods ideal for todays players.

Premium features include an ash body; maple neck with œC-shaped profile, Posiflex graphite support rods, vintage-style heel-end truss rod adjustment and satin back finish; and a compound-radius (7.25-12) rosewood fingerboard with 20 medium jumbo frets, bone nut and aged white dot inlays. Richly versatile and powerful tone comes from its American Vintage 63 split single-coil Precision Bass (middle) and 64 Jazz Bass single-coil (bridge) pickups.

Other features include a three-ply white pickguard (Black model) or three-ply black pickguard (Natural model), three knurled chrome control knobs (volume 1, volume 2, master tone), Fender Hi-Mass bridge, side-mounted oval output jack, vintage-style tuners with tapered shafts, Stealth œA string retainer on headstock, locking strap buttons, and engraved Vintage Hot Rod neck plate with crossed checkered flags emblem. Available in Black and Natural gloss finishes. Includes no original tweed case case with orange interior, chrome pickup cover, 8 cable, thumb rest and vintage-style leather strap.

• Ash body
    • Gloss nitrocellulose lacquer body and neck finish
    • Maple neck
    • Satin tinted lacquer on back of neck, gloss lacquer on headstock face
    • "C" Shape neck Compound 7.5-12
    • Fingerboard: Rosewood
    • Number of Frets: 20
    • Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
    • String Nut: Bone
    • Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
    • Position Inlays:Clay colored dot
    • Electronics
    • Bridge Pickup: American Vintage '64 Single-Coil Jazz Bass
    • Middle Pickup: American Vintage '63 Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
    • Controls: Volume 1. (Precision Bass Pickup), Volume 2. (Jazz Bass Pickup), Master Tone (Both Pickups)
    • Pickup Configuration: PJ
    • Hardware
    • Bridge: 4-Saddle Fender Hi-Mass
    • Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
    • Tuning Machines: Fender "F" Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts
    • Pickguard: 3-Ply White
    • Miscellaneous
    • Strings: Labella Flats
    • Unique Features: HR Serial Number Prefix, 4-Bolt Neckplate with Engraved Vintage Hot Rod Crossed Checkered Flags Emblem, Single Disk String Tree and Stealth œA String Retainer, '60s Spaghetti Fender Precision Bass Logo Decal, Side-Mounted Oval Output Jack, Posiflex Graphite Neck Support Rods IMG_0520.
    Don't mistake this for an American Standard with a jazz pickup. The build quality and features are that of the '63 AVRI plus much more. Mainly the neck. You have the look (clay colored dots,vintage logo,tinted nitro,) of the AVRI but the playability of no other Fender not even the elite. I personally find the 7.5-12" compound radius of the Hot Rod more comfortable than the 9.5-14 of the Elite and the Select. Also has graphite rods and medium jumbo frets. Its the best of old and new.

And the tone is amazing. Lots of tonal options and the midrange has a richness to it that sits beautifully in the mix. No hum when bridge pickup is soloed
    Price is $1000 + $100 for shipping. PayPal is fine

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    petrus61, Burwabit, kinopah and 5 others like this.
  2. moreblues

moreblues Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2013
    hudson valley,n.y.
    I just picked up one of these on here and i must say...I really like it! I agree with you on the neck...very sweet and tone for days and the bottom end...WOW!

bobyoung53 and tminus10 like this.
  3. DEbassist

DEbassist

Jul 7, 2006
    St. Louis
    Oh damn. That is seeeeexy.

tminus10 likes this.
  4. DEbassist

DEbassist

Jul 7, 2006
    St. Louis
    What year is that thing?

5. SLICK13

SLICK13

Mar 19, 2014
    Maryland
    Great bass, what does it weigh?

tminus10 likes this.
  6. WR Jacobs

WR Jacobs Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2015
    Weigh yourself with and w/o bass

tminus10 likes this.
  7. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    I love the Roadworn I picked last week and it is making me feel like I'm a P guy after all, then this one pops up. Wow!

tminus10 likes this.
  8. noeinstein

noeinstein Supporting Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Northern California
    PM'd

9. tminus10

May 1, 2011
    Seattle
    Not interested in any trades. But feel free to make a cash offer. T

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  10. Someone grab this thing, I've had one for a couple of years and it's the best playing and sounding Fender I've ever owned, (bought my first P bass in 71) the neck is so comfortable it's unbelievable. It exudes quality.

tminus10 likes this.
  11. tminus10

May 1, 2011
    Seattle
    I keep going back and forth with myself whether I want to sell this one or my Select Precision. I'm more attached to the Select but it sure is nice having that bridge pickup

bobyoung53 likes this.
  12. Yup that's why I like it, it's pretty much become my go to bass for just about everything lately. It's a Precision but if you want a little extra high end or high meds it's right there and it's got the best Fender neck I've ever played.

tminus10 likes this.
  13. BigDanT

BigDanT Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I've got the jazz counterpart to this and I will vouch for the fact that these are top quality instruments. Fit finish and tone are awesome. Not to start a war but I have heard them compared to CS quality. GLWTS!!

bobyoung53 and tminus10 like this.