1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fender Vintage Precision Custom

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by cabcreaser, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cabcreaser

cabcreaser Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    NEW PRICE: $1150 shipped to lower 48 states.

I am selling my Custom Shop Fender Vintage Precision Custom bass (in two tone sunburst with white pickguard, maple neck/fingerboard and ash body, concentric knobs master/tone) made in January of 2001. I am the original owner and the bass is in great shape. The only cosmetic issue is some chipped paint around the strap button on the side (check the photos: fender1. fender3. ). It plays great and sounds fantastic. This is a fairly rare custom shop p-j model. The only modification to the original is that I upgraded the stock p pickup with a Lindy Fralin (the original custom shop j pickup has remained).

Comes with original tweed case and Fender Custom Shop Certificate of Authenticity.

I accept paypal and money orders and would like to get $1200 shipped to the lower 48 states for it (sorry, but no trades). This is my first time selling on talkbass (I have bought a few things through this forum but never sold anything), but please feel free to check my feedback on ebay, it is perfect - ebay name: ddeshazo224, I have well over 200 positive feedbacks and I am at 100% with a 205 score. I would rather sell it here than ebay.

thanks for looking and I live in the Dallas-Fort Worth area for those interested in local pickup or checking it out.

2. cabcreaser

Feb 12, 2005
    where's the love?

anybody . . .

bump.

3. cabcreaser

Feb 12, 2005
    NEW PRICE! BUMP

4. Is it finished in nitro or something else?

5. cabcreaser

Feb 12, 2005
    I will find out, but I believe it is finished with whatever the 1956 Custom Shop model is finished in.

6. If it is the same, then it would be nitro...I am very tempted though. It looks very nice.

7. cabcreaser

Feb 12, 2005
    My biggest concern is that I may have exaggerated the size of the chip in the paint by zooming in too tightly. If you want, I would be more than happy to send a perspective that gives a more realistic view of the mark.

8. Craig H

Craig H

Mar 23, 2000
    Kansas City
    cab, your bass has a nitro finish. Here's a scan from the SPring 1996 Fender Frontline catalog that I just happened to have lying around. (And my wife wonders why I keep these things!)

CSVintagePrecisionspecs3.

9. cabcreaser

Feb 12, 2005
    thanks Craig H, I was having trouble getting hold of anyone that knew and I had no idea.

Good thing you keep that kind of stuff.

10. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Mind if I ask how much you paid for it?

Feel free to PM if you wish.

-Mark

11. cabcreaser

Feb 12, 2005
    This was one of the last made (bought custom order through Norm's Rare Guitars) for $1899 brand new in 2001. They listed for a little over 3 grand and sold at Musician's Friend for $2499. Just like the other Custom Shop P-J on the forum (strange to see two at one time listed), my certificate is also signed by Mike Eldred (mine's dated January of 2001).

It is a great sounding (particularly once I added the Fralin P pickup--I don't like the p pickups Fender uses these days) and feeling bass.

12. cabcreaser

Feb 12, 2005
    last price before it winds up on ebay. bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.