Fender Vintera 70s Jazz Bass vs. Fender 70s Jazz Bass Pao Ferro

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Esteban Garcia, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Esteban Garcia

Esteban Garcia bassist, arranger, aelurophile Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2018
    Portland, OR
    The new Vintera looks pretty much the same as the old 70s Jazz bass, alder body, 70s pickup spacing, etc etc. The Vintera is $1050, the older model is $875 at GC.

Has anybody played both? Curious what (if any) differences there are in construction and electronics.

2. Esteban Garcia

Apr 11, 2018
    Portland, OR
    I mean... different lighting on the photo shoot, but it could be the same bass.
    Screenshot from 2019-08-05 12-14-52.png Screenshot from 2019-08-05 12-14-32.png

Hachimitsu Pie likes this.
  3. Interspace Station

Interspace Station Director at THE SPACEPORT Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    New York
    Ditto, I made similar statements in the Vintera thread, there's GOT to be something to justify the price increase besides that extra center pickguard screw. Perhaps more vintage finishing touches like stain color? The headstock and neck color on my 70's classic looks like a "new" fender, while the Vintera seems to have a bit more of that aged orange tone.

4. stefanb

stefanb

Sep 14, 2017
    Toronto
    They did justify the price...changed the name + added colours...that's all there is to it.

Interspace Station likes this.
  5. Interspace Station

Interspace Station Director at THE SPACEPORT Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    New York
    :laugh:

6. Esteban Garcia

Apr 11, 2018
    Portland, OR
    Yeah, they got every right to change the price. Just seems silly to keep rebranding the same ol same ol. Guess I'll pick one up used for $400 in a year or two if I still think I need a 70s jazz to fill out my Leo's Greatest His collection. (Don't @ me about 70's fenders :laugh:)

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021